Love to make — and give — interactive cards? Here’s an easy and elegant design, featuring a zipper-like reveal in the centre of the card front. The recipient simply pulls the perforated tab to reveal the sentiment inside. The best part? It’s surprisingly easy to make… with a few dies from the Couture Big Reveal Collection! – Sara Naumann
You Will Need:
- Couture The Big Reveal Collection
- Couture By Invitation Let’s Celebrate Die
- Create and Craft A4 Watercolour Paper Pack of 30
- 100 Sheets of White Card (250gsm)
- Pokey Tool
- Die-Cutting Machine
- Dotted Ribbon
- Pearl Gems
- Scoring Tool
- Low-Tack Tape
- Foam Mounting Squares
- Tape Pen
Note: While I share measurements for my card here, none of these are absolutes. My finished card measures 14.5cm x 16.5cm to fit both Moroccan Borders, but you can easily amend your card size to suit your design.
Instructions for the Card:
1. To create the card front: Trim yellow watercolour card to 16.5cm x 21.5cm. Place the card so it lays the long way, then score a line about 3.5cm from each side. Fold the two flaps toward the white side of the card. This is your card front.
6. Adhere the trims to the card front with foam mounting squares, placing each one to either side of the perforated strip.
7. To create the card inside: Cut a 14.5cm x 16.5cm piece of green watercolour card.
8. Use the Moroccan Tile die to cut a panel from a 3cm-wide strip of white card. Glue to the left side of the green watercolour card. Die-cut “Let’s Celebrate” from white card. Die-cut the label shape from yellow card and glue the two together, then glue to the green card.
9. Place the yellow watercolour card on top of the green watercolour card and wrap the two panels around to the back, securing them with tape. Tip: Double-check the orientation of your green watercolour card before adhering the flaps, to ensure the sentiment is reading the right way!
10. If desired, cut a piece of coordinating card to cover the seams at the back.
When the recipient pulls the zipper tab, the card will open to reveal your message inside!