Hey Fab Fans ❤️ Happy September, all the way from sunny South Africa! If you’ve purchased any of our 2017 craft kits or intend to purchase them in the future, this blog post is for YOU!
Today we have a gorgeous envelope template tutorial by one of our amazingly talented veteran design team members, Tanya Cloete, from Johannesburg, South Africa.
So without further ado, let’s get CRAFTY!! 😊
What is a FabScraps Envelope Template?
All of our luxury craft kits and mini craft kits come standard with an awesome envelope stencil to use with your coordinated A4 double-sided FabScraps patterned papers. They fit your A4 papers, your 12″ x 12″ papers, and even your 8″ x 8″ papers.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we’re using our standard envelope template. But keep an eye out for all of our other designs! — Your Friends at FabScraps.
FabScraps Envelope Template Tutorial
- FabScraps Envelope Template
- Patterned Paper
- Scoring Board
- Craft Glue
1. Place the template on the area of the paper you want to cut out.
2. Trace around the outside of the template as well as the lines on the inside (scoring).
TIP: When tracing the envelope, trace on the opposite side when folding to ensure the pencil marks aren’t visible to the outside.
3. Cut along the traced lines using scissors.
4. Score the lines (centre) using a scoring board. Fold in the outside triangles to create your envelope.
5. Glue the edges of the triangle pieces accordingly.