Celebrate Easter and wow your friends and family by making these stunning bird themed cupcakes, using the Little Tweets Cake Crafting Stencil.
You can find the Little Tweet Cake Crafting Stencil available to purchase alongside a range of other beautiful spring designs on Create & Craft TV. This fun filled cake show will feature a wide array of cake decorating tools including cute Easter stencils, flower frilling and so much more.
Carrot cupcake recipe (makes 12):
150ml sunflower oil
zest 1 orange
200g carrots, grated
175g light muscovado sugar
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
100g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp mixed spice
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line a cupcake tin with 12 cases.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the sugar, flours, bicarbonate of soda, mixed spice and orange zest.
- Whisk together the eggs and oil and then add into the dry ingredients alongside the grated carrot.
- Divide the mixture evenly between cases and bake for 20-22 minutes until the sponge bounces back when touched.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
What you will need to decorate:
Little Tweets cake stencil
Fondant icing in your choice of colour
Metallic lustre powder
Soft bristled brush
Bronze edible sugar sprinkles
Buttercream or jam
- Roll a piece of coloured fondant onto a non-stick mat with a rolling pin.
- Place your stencil over the top, ensuring that it is facing in the correct direction.
- Roll from top to bottom once to create an impression in the fondant.
- Using a soft bristled brush, dust some lustre powder over the top of the stencil until the exposed area is covered.
- Peel back the stencil and place a cutter that’s the same diameter as your cupcake over the top.
- Apply a layer of jam or buttercream to the top of your cupcake using a palette knife then place the fondant disc over the top.
- To make the bird, roll a piece of fondant and twist one end up to create a tail.
- Roll a smaller piece of fondant for the head and attach to the top using edible glue.
- Create a beak and two eyes using a tool with a point.
- Add two wings and add texture to the wings using your cake decorating tools.
- Attach the bird using a little edible glue.
- To attach the sprinkles, brush some edible glue around the edge of the cupcake. Pick up the sprinkles with your fingers or the end of a brush and add to the edge of your cupcake until the glue is covered.