With the Cricut Expression® 2: Anniversary Edition, can I cut random-sized pieces of paper?
- Yes. You'll be able to enter the exact paper size that you want to use for cutting. The Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition will even show you exactly where you need to place the paper on the mat.
Since there's no place for an overlay, how can I see all the artwork options?
- All of the same information that you are used to seeing on your keypad overlays along with some added features will be displayed on the LCD screen. You will be able to zoom in on any key to see all the details of the image you are selecting without even having to use your cartridge handbook. The keypad will also change when you push the feature keys.
Are the pre-loaded cartridges exclusive to the Anniversary Edition?
- Just a Note and Cricut Decals are currently only available on the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition. Cricut American Alphabet and Cricut Essentials were released previously.
Can you use old cartridges with this Cricut Expression machine?
- Absolutely! In fact, you can even use your new Cricut Imagine™ Art cartridges with the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition.
Does it work with CDS?
- Not at this time. However, the Gypsy® device does work with the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition as soon as you update your Gypsy to version 0210 or higher. Instructions on how to do this can be found at www.cricut.com/cricutsync . Also, look for some exciting details to be released in the near future in regard to the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition and Cricut Craft Room.
Does this machine have the Centerpoint feature (like the regular Cricut Expression)?
- Yes it does. It also shows you on the LCD screen exactly where the image is going to cut. This is very handy for anyone that uses the centerpoint feature for cropping photos.
I remember Jinger saying you could customize the look of the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition, but I’m not sure what she meant.
- The two trim pieces on the sides of the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition are replaceable. Look for upcoming announcements and colored trim and where to buy them.
Is the Anniversary Edition compatible with my Gypsy?
- Of course! Update your Gypsy to version 0210 (available now), and you will be ready to start cutting as soon as your Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition arrives.
How does the Gypsy work in conjunction with the carts that are pre-loaded? Will there just be an update?
- The internal cartridges that are on the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition will be available in an update for your Gypsy. At this time, there is no way to link the internal cartridges to your Gypsy.
Does the Anniversary Edition have all the special buttons that are on the original Cricut Expression i.e. fit to page, auto fill, centerpoint, flip etc?
- The Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition has every feature your current Expression has and more. For example, the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition will remember all of your speed, pressure, multi-cut and blade dept settings for you, so you don't have to try and remember what settings to use each time you change the material you are cutting.
When will the wifi be available? Is there an additional charge for this?
- The Wi-Fi will be available this Fall. Because the Wi-Fi will require a new piece of hardware there will be a charge for the Wi-Fi adapter that plugs into your Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition. However, the firmware update is free and it connects through your existing home internet connection. There are no ongoing fees or subscriptions from Provo Craft that you would have to sign up for to make the Wi-Fi work.
What does limited edition mean?
- There will only be a limited number of the Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition ever produced. When they’re gone, they’re gone.
How do you fix the spacing between each image? Right now it is not consistent.
- The spacing between each image is based on the image you selected and the cartridge that the image comes from. For those of you that would like more control over the spacing between images be sure to upgrade your Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition as soon as you get it to version 0024. Version 0024 has a feature that will let you adjust the spacing between all the images on your mat.
Can you use a Cricut Imagine and regular cartridge at the same time, on the same mat?
- Yes. You can even use images from the internal cartridges at the same time as you are using a regular cartridge and aCricut Imagine cartridge all on the same mat.