How to Make Halloween Potions
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn, and caldron bubble!” This rhyme can only mean one thing – it’s time to mix up something gruesome! Halloween potions make fantastic eye-catching decorations, perfect for scary soirees that need the added spook-factor. So it’s time to channel your inner witch and get potion-making to really cause a stir this Halloween.
- Old Empty Glass Jars (spice jars, wine bottle, jam jars)
- Mod Podge
- Food Colouring in Various Colours
- White Mesh
- Fake Eyeballs
- Plastic Spiders
METHOD: Homemade Halloween Potions
- Get together some old jars you’d like to use. It’s best to have a mixture of different jar type so each potion looks unique – but don’t worry if you only have a few of the same.
- Paint over your jars with glue and leave them to dry overnight – this will give your jars an antique-looking finish.
- When the glue’s dry, print out potion labels or write your own and stick them on the jars. Alternatively, you can add a dusting of powder for an un-touched effect.
- Fill jugs with water and a selection of food colouring, and then pour into the prepared jars.
- Take a few plastic spiders or eyeballs and put them into the liquid in the jars.
- For some jars, tear up pieces of moss and place them inside or stick to the side of the jars.
- Pull apart mesh or fake cobwebs and place them around the jars for a spooky display table!