Kantha is a hand stitching technique that originated in India. It was used to join several layers of sari silk together to make bedding.
This fantastic Kantha Seaside kit comes with everything you need ready to start stitching! Fabric, muslin and hand dyed threads are ready-cut with a full size pattern and comprehensive instructions; the quarter metre of beach fabric will need to be cut to size. Threads have been cut to 50cm lengths and placed into individual self seal bags, and the size seven embroidery needle with a large eye has been chosen to make it easier to thread with the hand dyed cotton threads.
This small Kantha pattern has a full size A5 pattern of a lighthouse, and comprehensive written instructions. This Seaside Wall Hanging kit contains everything you need to complete the four smaller Kantha kits, which include a seahorse, shell, dolphin and starfish.
Fenland Textile Studios Seaside Wall Hanging:
- A4 double sided instruction sheet with written instructions and stitch diagrams
- A4 full size pattern
- John James size 7 embroidery needle
- Eight pieces of cotton muslin 6" square, fabric originating in South Korea
- Four pieces of Makower Spectrum white fabric 6" square, fabric originating in South Korea
- Paintbox hand dyed cotton threads Perle 12 threads, dolphin 1.5m light blue and 2.5m dark blue, seahorse 2m pink and 4m Aqua, shell 0.5m yellow, 2m Aqua and 5m pink, starfish 3m yellow and 1m dark blue. All thread measured into 50cm lengths and placed into plastic self seal bags of dimension 1.5" X 3"
- Makower 1363 landscape beach, quarter of a metre cut across the width of the cotton fabric
Fenland Textile Studios Pattern:
- A5 pattern front showing contents and colour photo of the stitched pattern
- A5 full size pattern in black and white
- A4 detailed written instructions
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified) from the date of despatch. Please click here for more information.
- The Makower white spectrum fabric has been chosen for easy stitching, as the needle will glide through the 100% cotton and two layers of cotton muslin
- It is very easy to trace the pattern onto the white fabric
- The hand-dyed thread has been pre-cut into 50cm lengths and is clearly identifiable for ease of stitching the pattern
- This kit is suitable for all levels of experience
- The lighthouse pattern will complement the seaside wall hanging kit perfectly
- There are full size patterns and instructions on how to stitch the pattern
- The iconic lighthouse will be instantly recognisable!
- Club members pay £31.49
- £2.99 P&P