Crewel Work is a traditional historical embroidery technique that’s over 1000 years old; it was used in the Bayeux tapestry, and in the Quaker Tapestry sewn in the 1980s.
This detailed Jacobean Sampler Kit comes with a gorgeous selection of materials, and will allow you to enjoy learning a range of stitches, including Crewel Stem Stitch, Long & Short, Soft Shading, French Knots, Closed Fly Stitch, Laid & Couched Work and Satin Stitch.
Philippa Turnbull, one of the world’s best known and most respected experts on the Jacobean art of Crewel Work, guides you through the easy-to-follow, step-by-step process towards learning this historic art form.
Find detailed, illustrated instructions drawn from Phillipa Turnbulls´s extensive research and teaching experience, and get started on the historically accurate "Z" twist Jacobean Linen Twill, which has been woven exclusively for us, and accurately screen printed with the design outline, stitch direction, length guide.
- Enclosed is a fantastic beginner’s booklet, "The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Work", which includes handy hints, getting started, and needle-threading tips
- Detailed full size stitch chart shows the exact location of every stitch and colour
- The Essential Guide for Newcomers to Crewel Embroidery
- Stitch Chart
- 1 x Linen with Design 13 x 11"; design size 7 x 6”
- One each of our bespoke gold-plated and polished nickel crewel needles
- 8 x Appleton`s 2 ply crewel wool in numbered skeins to match the easy-to-follow stitch chart; Shades 463, 222, 223, 693, 155, 253, 461 and 462
Please note: Finishing materials not included.
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified) from the date of despatch. Please click here for more information.
- £2.99 P&P
|Pay today:||£27.50 with Flexi-pay x 2|
Select your Flexi-pay plan at the checkout*.Excludes Product Replacement Plans and Postage and Packing