The www.createandcraft.tv website is operated by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Newark Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom, PE1 5WG.
The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited on this website and by using the idealworld.tv website generally, you agree to this use.
- Use of your Personal Information
- Fraud Prevention
- Disclosure of Your Information
- How can I get my name removed from the createandcraft.tv mailing list?
- How do I change any details stored on createandcraft.tv?
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site you will be asked to provide certain information, such as your email address. We will store this data and will use it to fulfil our agreement with you.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us in the following ways:
a. To register you with our website and to administer our website services;
b. For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer;
c. If you subscribe to our marketing programme, we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example, automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you. We may keep you informed of such products and services (including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on) by any of the following methods:
- SMS text message and other electronic messages such as picture messaging
- or otherwise, including products and services of other companies and organisations which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive information about such products and services, please tick the opt-out box provided when registering on this website;
- if you receive communication from us and wish to opt out; from email please clink the Unsubscribe link on one of the emails, or if you receive an SMS from us, reply to the message with STOP. Alternatively, call our Customer Services team on 08717 123 455* (Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week) *Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information we receive from third parties.
Back to Top
4. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Back to Top
Disclosure of Your Information
5. We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
- to employees and agents of the Ideal Shopping Direct Limited to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Ideal Shopping Direct Limited now, or in the future;
- agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
- other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions;
- to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
6. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
7. If you are purchasing a television from us, please note that the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1967) requires us to notify the TV Licensing Authority within 28 days of each transaction, giving full details of the buyer.
Back to Top
8. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies are be used by us to provide you with a customised visitor experience.
9. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
10. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (IP address). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
For more information about cookies, visit our About Cookies page.
11. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
12. For further information about the steps we take to protect your information and make online shopping as secure as possible, please see information on Security.
13. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
14. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
Back to Top
How can I get my name removed from the createandcraft.tv mailing list?
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please contact our Customer Services department. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to action your request.
Back to Top
How do I change any details stored on createandcraft.tv?
To change any of your registered details on createandcraft.tv or idealworld.tv, click on 'your account' and enter your login name and PIN. Once logged in change any of the details shown and click 'change details'.
For further information about shopping on idealworld.tv, please read our Terms and Conditions and Home Delivery.
Back to Top