Heart-Treat-Boxes

Heart Treat Boxes Project with Jinger Adams

heart treat boxes

I cannot believe how fast January is flying by, and in just a few short weeks another holiday is upon us! Yes, Valentines Day is fast approaching and if you’re in need of a cute, easy and “sweet” gift idea, well you’ve come to the right place. These heart treat boxes are so easy to make.

On the website we have these adorable little papier mache heart shaped boxes, that I think are the perfect idea for giving out as little Valentines, to teachers, children, friends and those you love.

Supplies you will need:

• As many heart shaped treat boxes that you want to give away
  • 1- inch pink organza ribbon
  • 2 –inch pink and white organza ribbon
  • 2 or 3 sheets of coordinating patterned papers
  • washi tape
  • Modge podge, glossy
  • Foam paint brush
  • Hot glue gun

First here is a picture straight from the web of the heart boxes I used. I made it easy, you can see the item number and they are a great price at only .99 each

heart box

Step one, turn over your patterned paper and trace the top of the heart box lid onto your paper. Then cut it out.

Picture2

Picture3

Next using your foam paintbrush, brush the top of the box lid with a nice thick coating of Modge Podge. Place the patterned paper on top of the box and then spread a layer over the patterned paper to further adhere it to the box. It comes out white but dries clear to a nice glossy finish.

Picture4

Picture5

While the lid of your box is drying, take the Modge Podge and coat around the entire sides of the box. While the glue is still wet, adhere your 1-inch pink organza ribbon.

Picture6

Next to give a little pizzazz to the rim of the lid of the box, I found some very thin heart washi tape that coordinated perfectly with my color scheme. When the lid of your box is dry, add this to the rim.

Picture7

Now your box is almost finished. I wanted to add confetti and chocolates, but I needed a way to secure the box top onto the base. So using your 2-inch organza ribbon, hot glue the middle section of a strip to the ribbon to the bottom of the box. You need to do this or the ribbon won’t stay in place because it is not a perfect square shape.

Picture8

Now fill up your boxes with goodies and tie shut with your ribbon, and you will have a really fun Valentine to pass out to those you love.

Much love this Valentine’s Day with lots of “hugs & Kisses” from me!

Jinger

, , ,

12 Responses to Heart Treat Boxes Project with Jinger Adams

1. Alicia January 14, 2016 at 5:31 am #

Lovely idea jinger thanks for sharing

• Jinger
      Jinger January 21, 2016 at 9:09 pm #

Thanks so much Alicia! Hugs

2. Zeba Ibrahim January 14, 2016 at 3:53 pm #

Hi Jinger!

This is Zeba from Silicon Valley again! Love the heart boxes!

Jinger, I had the perfect man for you here…he is amazing but unfortunately you are too young! You put me on the job girl friend! I am selfish, I want you in my town and hang out! 🙂

Seriouly, if you ever are in Silicon Valley please do let me know! My cell# is on the email you read on today’s Buy The Show hour. It will be such a pleasure to meet you in person!

Best,
    Zeba

• Jinger
      Jinger January 21, 2016 at 9:12 pm #

Zeba,
      You are too cute! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me. I wish I got over to Silicon Balley more, maybe this spring!
      Thanks for emailing into the show, I love hearing from you! Big hugs,
      Jinger

• Zeba Ibrahim January 23, 2016 at 8:16 pm #

Big hugs to you too Jinger! Let’s keep positive thoughts about this sring then!! :))

3. nancy vondra January 14, 2016 at 4:34 pm #

hey, Jingy! I am sooooo glad I got the BIG melded die set at CHA! i am so glad y’all are demoing it right now. 4pm Jan.14! Love the card: hot pink and white someone special.and the green, too. I can’t wait to see Angela demo the box!
    Nancy Vondra

• Jinger
      Jinger January 21, 2016 at 9:15 pm #

Hi Nancy,

I don’t know if you’ve seen my Facebook page, but you are the winner of the $10.00 account credit, for watching and commenting on the show! Private message me on Facebook with your C&C customer # and I will get that put in your account,
      Hugs,
      Jinger

4. Karen January 14, 2016 at 7:55 pm #

These as so dang cute! Gotta make these for sure! Jinger, can you say if CandC will ever get the Pinflair Gel Glue? I can’t find anything like it and Dave keeps saying check out the web site, well, you can get in the UK but not the USA. Where is Dawnie? I miss you two together! Hugs, Karen, in Am. Fork. TY so much.

• Jinger
      Jinger January 21, 2016 at 9:06 pm #

Hi Karen,

Nice to hear from you. About the Pinflair, I know that our buyers know of the high demand, and have been working hard on getting it in, keep checking back!
      I miss Dawn soooo much. She is now demonstrating for another channel in the UK. But I will pass on your sweet message.
      Hugs, hugs,
      Jinger

• Karen Woolsey January 24, 2016 at 9:51 pm #

Oh damn!!!! LOL! I wish her all the best of everything!! Will still miss you and her!! TY for the info on the Pinflair gel. I will still keep watching for it. Love and Huggs, Karen

5. Lisa Schafer January 15, 2016 at 4:42 pm #

Hope you get well soon Jinger!! I miss getting to see your sun filled smile
    By the way, is Dawn going to be coming back? The two of you are my very favorite people to watch!

• Jinger
      Jinger January 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm #

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, I was so sick, but recovering for another week at home.
      Unfortunately Dawn is a demonstrator on another UK channel, I miss her so much, I will pass on your sweet message to her. Big hugs,
      Jinger