AARDMAN ANGEL POLICY
Ideal Shopping Direct Limited, trading as Create and Craft (referred to in this Angel Policy as “C&C”), are pleased that their customers wish to create and sell personal craftwork items incorporating Aardman Animations Limited (“Aardman”) designs and images. C&C do not wish to inhibit creativity, but wish not only to protect their own designs, but those of Aardman, so both C&C and Aardman can continue to provide a wide range of interesting and innovative designs without fear of competing with mass produced versions of the same image.
C&C have therefore established this Angel Policy for you to adhere to when using Aardman’s copyrighted images and designs.
Please follow these guidelines when using Aardman’s designs, artwork or images for the purposes of creating items for sale:
- Each handcrafted item must be personally and individually made by you (i.e. not mass produced) and may not be reproduced or copied by any means – including graphic, digital, electronic, mechanical or photocopying.
- Items must not be sold for large-scale commercial gain. You may sell for profit a maximum of 100 finished products (i.e. cards, craft projects etc) per design, per year. These 100 finished projects can be sold via family and friends, office sales, fete sales etc to raise funds for charity or for small scale profit. The items must not be sold in retail outlets, online or via mail order.
- Mass production, assembly line construction, production by workers for hire, or syndication of craftwork for sale is prohibited.
- When selling handmade craft items, you (the seller) must make it clear that the items have been handmade or personally created by you.
- You may not use C&C or Aardman artwork, designs or images for the purpose of creating company logos, trademarks or trade names.
- No finished product may be used in any way that implies an endorsement of your items by, or an affiliation with, C&C or Aardman.
- Any finished products you create should NOT be used in a manner which may be considered harmful, or malign, abuse or bring C&C or Aardman into disrepute.
- C&C and Aardman may modify this policy from time to time at the discretion of C&C or Aardman.
Date: 17 September 2018