This marvellous 'Making Buttons' DVD features a step-by-step guide to making over 30 thread buttons using traditional passementerie techniques plus a Death's Head Button Kit.
Passementerie (or passmentarie) is the art of making elaborate trimmings or edgings of applied braid, gold or silver cord, embroidery, coloured silk, or beads or buttons for clothing or furnishings.
In this DVD you will learn how to make a variety of buttons, from bold braid buttons to delicate lacy designs - all perfect for use in costume, or couture, arts and crafts projects, jewellery, home décor, knitting crochet and so much more!
Both DVDs cover traditional and modern techniques, as well as giving you technical hints and tips.
This 2-DVD set would make a lovely gift for any keen crafter wishing to learn something new.
- 1 x Making Buttons DVD - 2 Discs:
- Running Time 135 minutes approx
- Includes illustrated button chart for easy reference
- In this 2-disc DVD you will learn how to make a variety of buttons
- Perfect for all types of crafts; sewing and dressmaking, revitalising old clothes, embellishing, papercrafts, scrapbooking, jewellery, knitting and crochet, home decor and more
- Learn how to make beautiful thread wrapped buttons!
- Start with simpler designs to learn the techniques and move through to more advanced styles
- DVD gives hints and tips, including suggested materials and finishing
- This kit has everything (except scissors) that you need to get started
- The button chart allows for easy selection of button type
- Historic designs such as the death's head and modern designs such as the Union Jack are included
- Over 2 hours (on two discs)
About Gina Barrett:
Gina Barrett specialises in the study, re-creation and reconstruction of the passementerie techniques of the past, including most periods from Anglo-Saxon brocade tablet weaving to Victorian dress trimmings. She has written numerous articles, papers, books and other publications on the subject.
Gina has provided reconstructions of narrow wares, passementerie and costume accessories for theatre, film, museums, costumiers and private individuals for over 10 years. She has also provided modern trimmings using traditional techniques for designers and artists (both clothing and interior).
Gina has been involved in textile research projects with groups around the world, and is a founder member of Soper Lane, a group begun in 1999 to research the lives and work of the medieval London silkwomen.
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified) from the date of despatch. Please click here for more information.
- £2.99 P&P