In this 2-disc DVD set from Gina Barrett, you'll learn how to make 28 needlework buttons!
You'll find this skill perfect for all types of crafts - sewing and dressmaking, revitalising old clothes, embellishing, papercrafts, scrapbooking, jewellery, knitting & crochet, and home décor.
You'll start off with simpler designs to learn the techniques, moving through to more advanced styles.
- 1 x Making More Buttons DVD - 2 Discs:
- Running Time Approx 130 Mins
- Includes Clearly Illustrated Button Chart for Easy Reference
- A Step-by Step Guide to Making 28 Needlework Buttons Using Traditional Passementerie* Techniques
*Passementerie (or passmentarie) is the art of making elaborate trimmings or edgings of applied braid, gold or silver cord, embroidery, coloured silk, or beads or buttons for clothing or furnishings.
- This wonderful 2-disc DVD bundle shows you how to create a selection of 28 buttons in both traditional and more modern designs
- DVD gives hints and tips, including suggested materials and finishing
- Over 2 hours (on two discs)
- Learn traditional passementerie* techniques
- Step-by-step instructions
- Eye level camera angles
- Menu based DVD for easy selection
About Gina Barrett:
Gina Barrett specialises in the study, re-creation and reconstruction of the passementerie techniques of the past, including most periods from Anglo-Saxon brocade tablet weaving to Victorian dress trimmings. She has written numerous articles, papers, books and other publications on the subject.
Gina has provided reconstructions of narrow wares, passementerie and costume accessories for theatre, film, museums, costumiers and private individuals for over 10 years. She has also provided modern trimmings using traditional techniques for designers and artists (both clothing and interior).
Gina has been involved in textile research projects with groups around the world, and is a founder member of Soper Lane, a group begun in 1999 to research the lives and work of the medieval London silkwomen.
Delivery and Returns
Your order will be despatched within 3-5 working days. Most deliveries require someone to accept and sign for the delivery to ensure the goods are received correctly. To help you we can arrange for delivery to be made elsewhere.Click here for more information.
We hope you like your purchase, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with any item, it may be sent back to us for a refund, provided it is returned within 14 days (unless otherwise specified) from the date of despatch. Please click here for more information.
- £2.99 P&P