By continuing to browse you are accepting this.
Try these special touches to make your holiday table sparkle
With a little bit of sparkle, transform ordinary items into shimmering makes with these top tips
1. Use a fine-line glue applicator pen to create shimmering line work on your projects. The pens work best with really small glitter particles.
2. Chunky glitter used to be reserved for simple nursery school decorations, but there's no reason not to use it on bigger items. Upcycle a plant pot by adding a layer of tacky glue wherever you'd like, then sprinkle the glitter over it and shake off any excess.
3. There's a trend for glittery bottles of alcohol this year. Make your own budget version by masking off the label with lo-tack tape, coating the bottle with a good PVA adhesive and shaking on the sparkle. For extra security, spray a coat of clear sealer over the top of the dried glitter before peeling away the mask.
4. If you're making a project, such as a pillowcase that's unlikely to be washed you can try adding glitzy details with spots of fabric glue sprinkled with glitter.
5. No-shedding glitter card stock has made crafting much less messy. You can bling your notebooks and folders with strips and die-cut motifs.
6. Edible glitter is a great addition to any food project. For example, you can add glittered stencil designs to the top of iced biscuits for an eye-catching treat.
7. Glitter has a tendency to get everywhere. Keep mess to a minimum by working on a sheet of plain paper.